Friday 20 January 2017

QUESTION ABOUT CIRCUIT CALCULATION AND RESISTERS

Q.2) Find the total power of the following circuits?


ANSWER)

PT = P1 + P2 + P3 + P4 + P5
PT = I2R1 + I2R2 + I2R3 + I2R4 + I2R5
PT = 0.1 W + 0.15 W + 0.2 W + 0.3 W + 0.25 W  =  1 W
Check:  PT  =  VT × I  =  10  V × 0.1 A  =  1 W

circuit


Q.3)Enlist types of resistors & explain 1 of them?

ANSWER) 

Types of Resistors:
–1.Wire-wound resistors
–2.Carbon-composition resistors
–3.Film-type resistors
•a)Carbon film
•b)Metal film
–4.Surface-mount resistors (chip resistors)
–5.Fusible resistors
–6.Thermistors

Carbon Composition Resistors
–Made of carbon or graphite mixed with a powdered insulating material.
–Metal caps with tinned copper wire (called axial leads) are joined to the ends of the carbon resistance element. They are used for soldering the connections into a circuit.
–Becoming obsolete because of the development of carbon-film resistors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment